Welcome to my blog. As a start I’ll revive my “five axioms of (IT) architecture” which I came up with a while ago now and which hopefully will have some relevance and usefulness to would be followers of this blog.
- Architecture should drive technology, not the other way round.
- All architecture is design but not all design is architecture. As blogged by Grady Booch here.
- The best architectures are full of patterns. Also stated by Grady Booch, though I’m not sure where.
- An architecture should not comprise a single ‘view’, good architectures have many views that satisfy the concerns of multiple stakeholders.
- An architecture should be as simple as possible, but no simpler. Paraphrased from Einstein.