In my other blog which I run jointly with David Evans of Koan Solutions we explore what it is to be a versatilist and some of the attributes such people need to have or acquire. Following on from a previous post on the Top 10 Success Secrets of Software Architects here are five more “softer” attributes that software architects might find useful, all link to our versatilist blog.
- Software architecture is not so much about what you create as what you want to change. See What do we do for a living?
- In creating solutions, of any kind, making the right connections is all important. See Making the right connections.
- Innovation comes when there’s an intersection between the arts and the sciences. See And one more thing…
- Whatever you are working on right now…choose at least three other ways to perceive it. See Perceptual positions.
- Sometimes a reference point just encourages us to keep our worldview, our biases, our grudges and our affections. try losing your reference point. See Losing your reference points.